In 2012, the first Independent Filmmakers of the Inland Empire, NAB [National Association of Broadcasters], KISS [by Monster Mini Golf] Mini Golf Tournament (INKMINIGT) was born.
What is it and why do I throw this party?
It is indoor glow-in-the dark mini-golf in a KISS (the band) theme. And, yes, that is all that it sounds like it is! And, it is a fun way to start off NAB.
“Way back” in 2009, I went to my first NAB. I was also on Twitter at that time and I made a lot of friends in post production. Going to NAB was like a class-reunion or a coming home week. I got to meet all my friends face to face, or as they say these days, IRL (in real life).
The NAB Show is very cool and overwhelming but it’s the time after hours that really shines. There are big events and parties galore. This is where you get to see people with their hair down, so to speak.
Each year it’s the same and only gets better. Sure, sometimes I think, ah maybe I won’t go this year. But, I end up going and it has always been the best decision because it really, really pumps me up for the rest of the year.
Anyway, the first and second year, we used to meet at the Yardhouse on the Sunday night that starts NAB. It was okay but it kind of dwindled down and was kind of boring. In 2010-2011, I saw a movie that had an indoor GITD monster mini golf course in it and thought that would be fun to do and soon learned that soon a KISS themed one was opening in Vegas, just before the 2012 NAB. The rest is history.
Because I also founded the Independent Filmmakers of the Inland Empire (ifotie.com), I had connections to sponsors and I enlisted their help in prize contributions. (Who are more than eager to support it by the way! So big props to our sponsors because they get it!) So far, with the exception of 2014, when my friends over at Going Postal Show (http://www.goingpostalshow.com/) ran the party, I have used my own money to throw the party. Yes, the ticket costs money to attend, but for each and every person that attends, I personally have to outlay about $15. That adds up and one day I hope to get sponsorship money to make up that difference, but for now, it’s just my gift to my friends in the filmmaking community. And it’s worth it! This community is my second family.
- Now on to the prizes for this year:
- An UltraStudio Mini Monitor from BlackMagic Design
- An UltraStudio Mini Recorder from BlackMagic Design
- A copy of audio master suite from Sony Creative Software
- Some copies of DIGISUITE from DigiEffects
- A couple Imagine Products Power Banks
Have you ever been on set or location and realized your phone or tablet is about to die? No electrical outlet in sight, right? No worries, We’ve Got Your Back(up!). These power banks use the USB cord from your phone or tablet to re-charge your device in less than an hour from 0 to 100%. We’ve always helped you protect your assets, now we are helping you stay in touch.
- Three (3) $100 credit packages from Revostock
- One $100 credit for any of Intelligent Assistance apps
- Two $500 vouchers from ArtBeats
- Prizes from Digital Rebellion
- 2x Atmospheres from That Studio
- 1x CONFORM STUDIO from That Studio
- A copy of ScopeBox from Divergent Media
- A copy of EditReady from Divergent Media
- 3 iOgrapher cases and a wide and telephoto lens for each
- 8x Certificate for a Focal Press book of your choice
- Media Composer from Avid
- The following Toolfarm training classes:
- After Effects Expressions Series 1 – 6
- Toolfarm Professional Keying with Keylight: Toolfarm Expert Series
- Toolfarm Professional Training for Primatte Keyer Pro: Toolfarm Expert Series
- Toolfarm Professional Training for the After Effects Camera: Toolfarm Expert Series
- Toolfarm Professional Training with Trapcode 3S: Toolfarm Expert Series
- Toolfarm University After Effects and CINEMA 4D – 3D Tracker Training
- Adobe Swag
- Special Limited Edition Surprise from THAT Studio! (You’re going to want this one folks!)